STATEMENT OF INTENT
As a freelancer, the direct environmental impact of my business is relatively low, however I am committed to ensuring the environmental impacts of my business operations remain minimised and are reduced wherever possible.
My commitment is to:
- Manage waste generated from my business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
- Manage my business operations to prevent pollution, for example, in the choice of transport modes to be used.
- Reduce my consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Comply as a minimum with all environmental legislation applicable to my business.
To meet these commitments, I:
- Make use of recycled or PEFC and recyclable consumables and materials, including promotional and marketing documentation.
- Manage the lighting in the rooms where I work with responsibility.
- Use public transportation (trains, subways and buses) as much as possible, leaving the car at home.
- Installed a system of softening tap water in order to make it better for human consumption and also to lengthen the operating cycle of water appliances (typically washing machine and dishwasher).
In addition to my policies for the direct day to day operations of my business, my activities have included, and will continue to include, areas which have the potential to design solutions which could result in significant human & environmental benefits.